Building a Brand Ambassador Program for Your Company This Year
Brand ambassador programs are proven to support brands’ creativity, community, partnerships, & marketing teams. By creating & nurturing relationships with influential customers & loyalists, brands can amplify their word-of-mouth marketing and awareness. Creating a brand ambassador community can be one of your strongest growth channels.
Why & How to Start Building a Brand Ambassador Program
Brand ambassador programs are one of the best tactics for all brands to implement to reach their target audiences, increase brand awareness, & convert new customers.
Ambassadors create content, write reviews, refer new customers, & do other tasks to help the brand reach new audiences.
Ambassador programs are often confused with influencer marketing. So here are two ways they are different:
- Influencer campaigns are short-term & usually, one-offs, costing large budgets spend.
- Ambassador programs are long-term that revolve around building relationships & authentic engagement
Planning Your Program
This is the most important step to ensure that your brand starts the program off on the right foot. Layout a “business plan” for your ambassador program with clear goals, success measurements, ideal ambassador profile, & roll-out plans.
Identifying & Recruiting Ambassadors
- Look to your current customers – find your loyalists, influential customers, & brand advocates.
- Create an application & start your outreach
- Collect info from candidates that fit your ideal ambassador profile or who you believe would be a good fit to invite.
- Send them an invite sharing information on why you are reaching out, why you think they would be a good fit for your program, & what they can earn for getting involved.
Launching your program
- Have a team member manage the day-to-day of the program internally. This could be a social media manager, marketing coordinator, or community manager. Set clear goals for the program & communications with your ambassadors.
- Announce the program with an application on your social media channels, website, newsletters, & anywhere you want to reach candidates.
- Connect with ambassadors during onboarding. Be sure to add a personalized touch & make real connections with your ambassadors as your welcome them into the program.
- Ex. Invite them to your HQ or to a team lunch (virtual or in person)
- Send them a welcome kit with a personalized note
- Educate your ambassadors about your company, offer content guidelines & clear communications, & let your ambassadors get creative.
- Communication is key (actually critical): Your ambassadors need to understand how to be successful, feel connected to your brand, and be appreciated. Hence, keep them in the loop so they feel included & encouraged. The more engaged you are with your ambassador, the better your output will be.
Interested in learning more? Check out our ebook series here for helpful guides, tips, & tricks.
Original Source: Forbes, Milissa Rick – Forbes Council Member
Want More Info on Building or Improving Your Ambassador Program?
Request a Demo Today