Congratulations! You’ve got brand ambassadors. Now what? It is important to create a unique experience for your ambassadors. Here are six tips for running a successful brand ambassador campaign.
- Set goals for your brand ambassadors – this will help focus the ambassadors on what you want them to achieve. Are you trying to increase social media reach? Increase sales? Recruit new consumers? That’s up to you to figure out, but is an essential starting point that will dictate the entire campaign.
- Market your brand ambassador program – this is necessary to build your ambassador community. Post on active social media platforms and send emails to fans to alert your followers of the opportunity to join the team. This is free advertising, so it can’t hurt!
- Help your ambassadors feel involved in the community – the more an ambassador feels involved in the brand, the harder they will work to sell tickets. Offering ambassadors exclusive items such as limited edition merchandise, ambassador exclusive raffles, or an alternative festival entry point will get them excited to sell tickets!
- Post early and often – if you are working with a company like SocialLadder, who incentivises ambassadors to promote live events on social media, providing plenty of interesting material for ambassadors to repost, like, and comment on is a crucial aspect of a successful brand ambassador campaign. It works synergistically with the recommendation of the ambassador in terms of delivering enticing content to the consumer.
- Interact with your ambassadors on social media – search for hashtags, like comments on FB posts, and retweet your ambassadors! Having an official music festival account like your post is pretty flattering. A little recognition can go a long way! Maybe even try following your top ambassadors on Instagram. Fostering a digital sense of community is part of what makes brand ambassador campaigns such effective marketing tools.
- Offer creative rewards – there’s no better way to motivate ticket sales than to offer some awesome rewards! Of course, free GA tickets and VIP upgrades are important, but get creative as well by offering weekend getaways or a case of beer delivered to the venue.
In short, the key is to create an exclusive experience for your brand ambassadors. This can be achieved in many ways, and without high costs. The more fun your ambassadors have, the more engaged and effective they will be in promoting the event.
For more marketing tips, click here or subscribe to our blog!
Andrew Kaufmann is an Intern at SocialLadder. He currently attends Swarthmore College, as a member of the class of 2018, and is also a part of the Swarthmore College Men’s Basketball team. In his free time, he enjoys taking black and white and action shot photos for the college’s athletic department.